If you would like to join the ladies for a midweek Bible Study at ChocoLate’ at 7, contact Christine Potter.
If you haven’t seen it, check out our Facebook Page . Don’t forget to become a fan to get all the updates!
In order to contribute, loans can be made by contributing to the Veritas Team page or by joining the Veritas lending team and choosing your own loan. Instructions are below for each option.
How to join the Veritas Church Lending Team
- Go to http://www.kiva.org and click “Teams”.
- Enter “Veritas Church” in the search field and click “Search”.
- You’ll see a list of teams that best match your search. If the team you’re interested in is open to all Kiva lenders, click “Join Team” to join. If the team is locked, click “Request to Join”.
- Log in to or create a Kiva account.
Contributing to the Veritas Team
There are three ways to support the Veritas Lending team. Members can provide funds to the Veritas lending team through a gift or they can search and contribute to their own loan that will be part of the veritas team lending group.
- Contributing Funds through Veritas
- Simply donate cash or a check during the offering portion of the service with a note that says “Kiva”. 100% of these funds will go towards Kiva loans and updates will be provided to the congregation via email and prior to the service after June 7th, 2014.
- Contributing Funds through Kiva.org
- Click “Gifts” in the upper right hand corner
- specify the team captain email@example.com as the email address
- Specify Veritas Church as the Recipient Name
- Specify your name as the Sender Name
- Choose the amount you want to contribute
- Click the Terms and Conditions Checkbox
- Click add to Basket and Checkout
- Continue through checkout process
- Veritas Team will receive the funds and apply them to the group loan
- Choosing Your Own Loan
- Follow the steps above to join the Veritas Team
- Click the “lend” button at the top
- Use the search features to find a desired loan and click the picture of the lender
- You will be able to loan other amounts at the next screens
- Use the drop down to select your desired amount
- Click Lend
- Click “My Basket”
- Use the drop down box under “Apply to Lending Team” to select the Veritas Church Lending Team
- Continue through the checkout process
Please contact Wes Pomeroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404)512-4756 with any questions you may have.
Joining The Veritas Lending Team:
Veritas is partnering with Kiva, a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the Internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
The opportunity to donate funds to the Veritas Lending team will come to a close on July 21st, 2014. An update will then be provided to the congregation regarding the people that Veritas was able to help.
In order to contribute… (Cont. at bottom of newsletter)